Social engagement is fast becoming a strong influence on customers buyer decision making. A popular product is a good product!
This growth hack will show you how to gamify your Facebook engagement rate and take it through the roof.
There’re some huge reasons as to why you will want to improve your Facebook engagement rate.
- Your posts get better organic reach.
- Your posts become more “scroll stopping”.
- Your ad relevancy scores are better when you use the same posts in your ad campaigns (see the video below on how to do this).
- Using the same post in multiple ad sets helps pool your social validation.
- The “page health” (engagement, activity etc) is an important factor in Facebook identifying quality brands.
You may think that all of these things are small pieces of the puzzle but social platforms are viciously trying to filter posts, people and content based on quality.
One of the top the metrics is shares and comments. 😲
This tells Facebook that the content is good. The more people you have sharing and engaging the more Facebook will show the post.
Watch this video a second time if you get lost but the outlined steps are below to follow as well. We use the VYPER tool to achieve this.
A few examples of how brands are using this tactic
- Running weekly or monthly giveaways (constant stream of gamified engagement). Example
- Run a 30-45 day contest or giveaway to get one big engagement lift (product/event launch etc). Example
- Create an evergreen milestone rewards contest. Example
Follow These Steps
- Create a post – ideally, you want to create a post that you plan to use as an ad later on. You can do 1 post about your contest or just do this for a post about your product.
If you are looking for some ideas on how to create a good Facebook post that converts, check out this post.
- Create a contest – you can use templates to get this created super quickly. Offer something of value to your target market. We have seen a lot of companies use this on an evergreen “weekly” or “monthly” winner.This allows brands to continually collect social engagements, not just for a short period of time while they are running a contest.
- Create your bonus action – again, this is a template that you can easily load into your contest. We have pre-built this in as so many people are using it.
- Dark post – remember to always use the correct “post id” when choosing the “existing post” option in ads manager.
- Turn your post into an ad – once you have built up some social engagement from your contest. Take that post and turn it into an ad.
- Scale the post – start by introducing the post to your remarketing audiences. Then start using it in your look-a-like and interest prospecting audiences.
So if you do any marketing on social media this is a great strategy to boost your Facebook engagement rate, Twitter engagements, Pinterest repins etc.
The possibilities are endless for this, you just follow the same process but change out the social post. We just use Facebook in this example is it is the most common one.
Get out there and start growth hacking. Create an account with VYPER to copy this tactic step by step.
Add below what you think of this tactic and any other ways you have seen success in boosting your engagement rate.