One lucky winner will get SIX CD's, two of Charles', two of Porsche's, and two of Paris's favorite albums!!
We'll notify you by email if you win.
The Charles Walker Band sat down at rehearsal and discussed, "What are our two favorite albums ever?" We struggled and picked, and repicked, and repicked again and decided on them...and now we want YOU to have them all! You have a chance to win ALL SIX albums in this contest. One lucky winner can jam out to what we love to jam out to! Here's how the contest works:
Charles Pick: Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
Why this album: It's hard to believe how many amazing songs are on this album. The album contains 21 songs and you will be hard pressed to find the weak one in the album. This album also blows me away because of the the lyrical content. It's pure positivity, sometimes fun, sometimes sad, always beautiful. And each song is so unpredictable. Stevie goes from straight funk to r&b, pop, latin, even a New Orleans style feel. I am always awed when I sit and listen to this album in it's entirety.
Porsche's Pick: Erykah Badu - Live
Why this album: You can't beat live. You can't beat the energy of the performance or the crowd. And these songs are so easy to sing along to. Match that with Erykah's passion on every song and you will see what I fell in love with it. It was released almost 20 years ago, and I still listen to it and fall in love all over again.
Paris Pick: Michael Jackson - Thriller
Why this album: These are the songs that I grew up with. The song Thriller and Billy Jean stood out to me the most because the entire feel of the songs continuously stuck with me. It is the soundtrack of my youth.
Charles' Pick: Earth Wind and Fire - All n All
Why this album: The use of the Kalimba (African finger instrument) is what drew me into the album. It has a distinctive sound that ties everything else together. The horns were on fire on this album, extremely tight and punchy. And the entire album feels like a world music album, not just a funk album. Finally, the lyrical content is amazing and full of positive philosophy. It amps me up before a show and gets me ready to go do my thing!
Porsche's Pick: Bob Marley - Legend
Why this album: I don't know his struggles but you can't stay in a bad mood while listening to Bob Marley. He is one of those artists who you hear his song and his voice, there is so much conviction you don't have to speak English to feel it. And there is always a positive spin on the lyrics. The song writing is so dope. The Wailers are dope. The background vocals are dope. They always seem to hit a home-run with their songs. They have all the elements you love when you hear a song. They make you feel good when you feel bad. Great hooks. Great arrangements. Easy to sing along with. It evokes all kinds of positive emotions. Even when he is singing about struggle, it is still feel good music. You get to know him as an artist through his lyrics.
Paris Pick: Snarky Puppy - Family Dinner
Why this album: I like the album's versatility and their instrumentation. Their music takes me on a musical journey and their musicianship makes me always want to practice harder. They feature Lalah Hathaway on this album, and her vocals enrich an already incredible band.
1. The promoter of the contest is Charles Walker Band.
2. Employees of Charles Walker Band or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. The approximate prize value is $60.
5. Contest begins on 2017-08-31 and ends on 2017-09-14. After this date there are no further entries permitted to the competition. The promoter reserves the right to change the beginning or end date.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. Contestants will get 1 extra entries into the contest whenever they refer another valid person into the contest.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter The data gathered in this form will be used for promotional and marketing purposes, including marketing emails, cookies, and ads. By submitting your email, you've given us express consent to send you these emails. Our company, , and the software provider "VYPER" (DBA R Growth LLC) has access to this data. All data is held securely through a secure email service provider as well as through a secure database at VYPER. In the event of a breach of this data, we promise that you will be notified within 72 hours. You have a right to completely remove yourself completely from our database and have all records we hold on you to be removed. You also have a right to receive a copy of your data. You can achieve both by emailing us at or to VYPER at firstname.lastname@example.org.